Corporate and Commercial Services
Our corporate/commercial practice offers an array of services to our clients from incorporations to buying or selling a business. We are committed to providing customised and cost-effective solutions to our clients. At Silver Law we offer advice to meet specific needs of each client, in order to enhance our relationships with our clients and allow them to have complete confidence in our service.
Silver Law understands that it’s important for a new company to be structured properly from the beginning. And when it comes to your business, the importance of professional advice cannot be overemphasized. Our team provides strategic legal advice and works diligently to meet your objectives in the most efficient and effective manner.
Within the realm of corporate law Silver Law offers services for businesses of all types and at all stages, including legal help in starting, buying, selling, or simply maintaining a business. We take time to understand each client’s business objectives to ensure the corporate structure serves our clients’ immediate and long-term needs and goals. Our team is knowledgeable when dealing with structuring of proprietorships, partnerships, corporations as well as hybrids and joint ventures.
Our services include:
- Assistance with structuring and formation.
- Preparation of all business formation documents, including articles of incorporation, corporate resolutions and paper agreements for shareholders, partnerships, and joint ventures.
- Review, advice and updates for existing companies.
- Assistance with tax-effective corporate reorganizations and amalgamations.
- Assistance with ongoing legal requirements, including maintaining corporate minute books, and filings of annual corporate reports.
Buying or Selling a Business
We also prepare documentation in a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions, including asset or share purchase and sales, transfers of property between closely held companies, licensing agreements, management and consulting agreements, non-disclosure, non-competition and agency agreements. We assist our corporate clients in all aspects of corporate governance, including preparation of shareholders’ agreements as well as confidentiality agreements.